April 09, 2011

The Sweetest Things (A Reply)

A reply to Kuya Myk's The Sweetest Things.



It's not that hard to touch me.
No, don't get me wrong. I mean, it's not that hard to touch my emotions. People close to me know how shallow I could be, in a good sense as I want to believe. Simple gestures of sweetness easily puts a smile on my face and makes me feel very grateful, big or small, it makes me feel really really grateful. That's why it wouldn't be a surprise if these are the sweetest things to get through Renzo Enrico Blanco.

  1. Text me out of the blue. Random personal messages like, "Kumusta ka?" or "Hi, Renzo :)" This gives me the impression that you think of me or at least I pop in your head once in a while. I find it really sweet when someone checks on me because they just thought of me.
  2. Walk me to the exit gate or door. Walking me to my house would be too much, but walking me to the exit is one really sweet gesture only a few could pull off. It's sweet if you do this after reading my post. But it's sweeter if you do this because you just want to.
  3. Send me a smiley. This brightens up my day - be it a text message, a wallpost, a note in my book, sending me smileys is one sweet way to make my day.
  4. Give me a rose. Only Dom, my good friend, has done this for me. It was for Christmas. It was really sweet of him, and I remember carrying it with me until the end of the day. Flowers and chocolates are cliche, yes, but it still is sweet.
  5. Introduce me to your friends. Make me feel that you are really happy to have me and that you want me to get along with your friends because I am a special person in your life.
  6. Ask me out - on a date. I've never been on a date. Yes, I've went out with people, but not on a date. For me, a date is going out and all along both of you acknowledge it as a date. Not because you went out does not mean you're on a date. It has to be mutual. Asking me out still is sweet, but on a date? Boy that is sweeeet.
  7. Hug me. I like hugging and being hugged. I hug my friends when we see each other, when we are about to separate ways. This has become ordinary in a sense that it happens everyday with every friend I am with. So, the challenge? Make the hugs extra special. Make it sweet.
  8. Be my sleeping companion. Intimate it is, but what makes this sweeter is being able to make me feel secure, comfortable, and loved. This is an effective way to test your rapport, respect, and intimacy.
  9. Eat with me. I love food, and I love bonding over food. I believe sharing meals is as intimate as sharing the bed. I don't eat with people I am not close with, I'd rather eat alone or dine out. Also, bonding over food is a fun way to enjoy each others' company plus it is a perfect opportunity for a good and fruitful conversation. It's a bonus if you can cook for me.
  10. Walk with me. On the road, on the corridors, on the beach, on the bridge, to anywhere, just walk with me. I love long walks, and I seldom do it with someone alone. Only a handful could keep up with my pace, a few people really special to me, people who could sustain the conversation and the connection between us - all while walking. One of the sweetest ways to spend time with each other, I must say.
  11. Do something spontaneously sweet. I love spontaneity. I love sweetness. I love it together.

Those 11 and a countless more are the sweet ways to make me go awwweee.
But remember, always do your own thing and always be yourself. 
It's sweet to know that you can be yourself around me every time. 
It's sweeter to make me feel that way with you, too. :)
Did I just give a 12th? I better stop here. =p

How about you, what are the sweet things a person could do for you? :)

7 comments:

  1. awwweeee. i think i find hugs these days extra special. i think. =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ikaw na ang na-hug ni maligaya... miss na miss ko na yuuuun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun blogging rin, Renzo! :)) Tara, kain. HAHA. =)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. walang kupas ang yakap ni maligaya bread kaya maligaya ako. haha! :D

    iha-hug ka rin nun, magsabi ka lang. gayahin mo nalang yung style ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kuya myk: been having fun :) tara, saan? =))
    @ate jese: ayoko nga. may initiative naman yun. mas cute. hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @enzo... sige, maligaya rin ako sa mga nabasa ko.. haist.. haha.. hear my heart sighing kasi maligaya kayo? haha.. anyway, was the blog post going out for everyone? napaisip lang ako.. hehe..

    @jese.. maligaya bread talaga ha.. :) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhai.... :( bakt ako nalungkot bigla? ah, hwag mo ng sagutin..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @t'nikki: haha, may pilit factor lang.. sabi ko nga sa tweet ko, it goes out to everyone and that certain someone who lives in the future. haha :)

    @ate jese: na-hug ko din siya today! sa wakas :)

    ReplyDelete