April 05, 2011

If You're Happy and You Know It...

I never thought that being happy could be so complicated.

Well maybe it's just me, being conscious and mindful of all the happenings and feelings around - things that try to penetrate my almost perfect picture of happiness. Things that, when well-thought of, should not be in the picture in the first place. But here they are, in constant motion, causing a blur.

I have learned that I was the one who let these things affect everything - and I take responsibility for that. How I wish I could take my actions and decisions back, but we all know I can't. So I'm gonna do what I've been doing since I decided to "don't care about all the pain in front of me...": appreciate the beautiful picture, ignoring the blur that surrounds it. A blur, a coffee stain, a faded photograph - it will still be one of the most beautiful picture there is to keep.

And to end this post, I continue the song by Leona Lewis quoted above,


"...I just want to be happy."

1 comment: